Apparently, I haven’t updated my blog in almost 3-1/2 years, which beat my previous three-month record. A lot has happened since January of 2010, so I’ll just bullet-point the highlights (somewhat, but not exactly in order).
- Got a new job working for the state where I took a metric crap ton of training on emergency planning, drove all over the place and worked with public safety agencies to improve interoperability. I was even deployed to the Wallow Fire for three weeks.
- Saw Rush on the Snakes & Arrows, Time Machine and Clockwork Angels tours.
- Ran a bunch of races.
- Saw Mumford & Sons, Old Crow Medicine Show and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes on the Railroad Revival Tour.
- Got certified as an EMT-Basic.
- Broke up with my long-term girlfriend.
- Got a new girlfriend, which turned out to be the woman I should have been with all along.
- Moved to Michigan.
- Got married.
- Honeymooned in Hawaii. It rained.
- Took some community college classes.
- Quit the state job.
- Moved back to Arizona for a new software QA job with an old friend.
- Saw Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra play a tiny rock Club.
- Had a baby that’s now six months old. Being a dad is awesome.
- Recertified as an EMT.
- Gained a lot of new friends, but lost some old ones. Some ideological lines were drawn in the sand – sometimes agreeing to disagree is just not an option.
- Volunteered with a WFTDA Roller Derby league as a standby EMT a few times.
- Played some video games when I found the time.
- Read some books and went to some book signings.
I was going to link some of the things in that list, and maybe I will later. For now I’m too lazy. If you want more info about something, just Google it.
I’m going to try to start posting something once a week or so. Maybe I’ll expand on some of the craziness of the last three years. Maybe I’ll stay in the present. Life is good now, and I want to document it a little as I (we) go.